How to Make Crispier than Crisp Chicken Nuggets
- Place chicken between two sheets of saran wrap. tenderize with meat hammer until about 1/2 inch thickness
- Salt and pepper breasts, then cut into 1 - 1 1/2 inch chunks
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl, add chicken pieces, being sure to coat completely
- Put half flour in a large cake pan. Add chicken pieces, then cover with remaining flour. Toss until pieces are covered with flour. Will be very doughy and sticky!
- Repeat above using Panko Crumbs instead of flour. You can use any kind of large dish really, but a cake pan works best as there is more room to spread out and coat
- Fill large frying pan with enough oil to cover pieces half way. When oil is at frying stage, add chicken pieces. DO NOT CROWD PAN! Fry until both sides are golden brown and chicken is cooked through. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to strain off extra oil.
You can also use a deep fryer but they are much easier to manage in frying pan.
- Serve hot with favorite dipping sauce. We use sweet and sour or BBQ.