Cranberry Glazed Cornish Hens with Wild Rice
These cornish hens make a very special dinner. So delicious. What flavor.
Photo by: thymeinthekitchen
- 1 box
- uncle ben's brand long grain and wild rice fast cooking recipe
- 1/2 c
- sliced celery
- 1/3 c
- slivered almonds (optional)
- 1 can(s)
- (8 oz.) jellied cranberry sauce, divided
- cornish hens, thawed (about 1 lb. each)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, divided
How to Make Cranberry Glazed Cornish Hens with Wild Rice
- 1Heat oven to 425 F.
Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in celery, almonds and 1/2 of cranberry sauce; cool.
- 2Spoon about 3/4 cup rice mixture into cavity of each hen. Tie drumsticks together with cotton string. Place hens on rack in roasting pan. Brush each hen with some of the olive oil. Roast 35 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining oil.
- 3Meanwhile, in small saucpan, heat remaining cranberry sauce until melted. Remove hens from oven; remove and discard string. Spoon cranberry sauce over hens.