I used to make this dish in the restaurant and would serve it with mashed potatoes, yams, Brussels sprouts and dressing or sometimes over an herb flavored rice. It always was a big seller. People craved that " Thanksgiving" flavor Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbchicken thighs and legs
1yellow onion diced
2 Tbspchopped fresh garlic
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2 can(s)whole berry cranberry sauce
1 cgood quality red wine
2 Tbsplight brown sugar
1 Tbspchopped fresh rosemary ( do not substitue dry)
How to Make Cranberry Chicken
- Rinse and pat dry chicken legs and thighs. Heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Saute chicken legs until golden.Remove chicken and place in a roasting dish.
- Caramelize onions in the same pan you cooked the chicken in.Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Do not brown the garlic.
- Add cranberry sauce, red wine, salt, pepper and brown sugar. Cook over medium for about 10 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, uncovered.
- Remove roasting dish from oven, sprinkle with fresh chopped rosemary. Serve with rice and a nice green vegetable.