COUNTRY CHICKEN CASSEROLE
3 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 can(s)(soup can) milk
1/4 tspseasoned salt
1/8 tspground black pepper
2 pkgready to eat chicken flavored rice or 17 ounces of cooked rice (i use uncle ben's ready rice)
1 cwhole kernel corn (fresh off the cob is best)
3 ccooked chicken
8 ozsharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 ccrushed cornflakes
4 Tbspsalted butter, melted
·fresh chives for garnish (optional)
How to Make COUNTRY CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- Lightly butter a 9"x13" casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy (I just use a fork.)
- Add 1/2 can cream of mushroom soup and mix well, until cream cheese is well incorporated and no lumps remain.
- Gradually add remaining soups and mix well.
- Slowly add milk and mix well.
- Add seasoned salt, pepper, rice and corn. Mix well.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish and smooth down.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed cornflakes and melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees, until lightly browned and slightly bubbly all over, about 1 hour, rotating once after 30 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers.