Cold Sesame Noodles with Chicken and Broccoli
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1 bunchbroccoli, cut in 1-inch florets
1/2 ccreamy peanut butter
1/2 chot water
1/4 csoy sauce
1 tspred chili pepper
2 Tbspred wine vinegar
2 Tbspsesame oil
1 Tbspvegetable oil
2chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (poached and shredded)
How to Make Cold Sesame Noodles with Chicken and Broccoli
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook broccoli until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain into colander and rinse until cool; drain well.
- Combine peanut butter (or tahini) and water in a blender or food processor; mix until smooth.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, and red pepper; blend.
- Put cooked chicken in medium bowl, add peanut-sesame sauce and toss to coat.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator up to two hours.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain well.
- In a large bowl, toss noodles with vegetable oil.
- Add chicken with sauce, broccoli, and scallions.
- Toss and serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.