Coconut Lime Chicken Bites
- 1/2 clove
- fresh lime juice (approximately 3 limes)
- zest of 3 limes (reserve a pinch for garnish)
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 c
- + 1 tablespoon, caned oconut milk, divided
- 2 tsp
- kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, washed and trimmed
- 4 c
- corn flakes cereal
- 2 c
- sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 large
- 1 c
- panko bread crumbs
- olive oil spray
How to Make Coconut Lime Chicken Bites
- 1Combine lime juice and zest, garlic, coconut milk, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper in a measuring cup.
- 2Beat with a fork to combine. Set aside.
- 3Lay chicken breasts on a cutting board, using a fork, prick the chicken several times to help tenderize the meat.
- 4Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- 5Place chicken in a 1 gallon resealable zip top bag. Place in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- 6Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with olive oil spray. Set aside.
- 7Prepare coatings:
In a 1 gallon zip top bag add corn flakes. Seal and press on bag to crush cereal.
- 8Once crushed up to small pieces add coconut and 1 teaspoon salt. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- 9In a medium dish beat 2 eggs and a tablespoon coconut milk until well combined. Set aside.
- 10In a 1 gallon zip top bag add bread crumbs. Set aside.
- 11Remove chicken from refrigerator and drain marinade.
- 12Line up your prep station on a clean counter:
Marinated chicken, bread crumb bag, egg wash, coconut mixture and baking sheet. (Or reverse it if you prefer your baking sheet on the far left side).
- 13A few pieces at a time toss chicken into bread crumbs, toss to lightly coat.
- 14Transfer chicken pieces into egg wash.
- 15Toss chicken to coat and place into coconut mixture.
- 16Toss to coat well and press coconut mixture onto chicken if necessary.
- 17Place chicken onto prepared baking sheet.
- 18Once the baking sheet is full, spray lightly with olive oil spray and set aside while you prepare the second sheet.
- 19Prepare the second sheet the same as the first.
- 20Place baking sheets into oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- 21Flip chicken bites after 10 minutes.
- 22Cook until coating is golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
- 23Garnish with reserved lime zest, serve and enjoy!