Coconut Lime Chicken Bites
1/2 clovefresh lime juice (approximately 3 limes)
·zest of 3 limes (reserve a pinch for garnish)
3 clovegarlic, minced
1 c+ 1 tablespoon, caned oconut milk, divided
2 tspkosher salt, divided
1/2 tspfresh ground black pepper
2 lbboneless skinless chicken breasts, washed and trimmed
4 ccorn flakes cereal
2 csweetened flaked coconut
1 cpanko bread crumbs
·olive oil spray
How to Make Coconut Lime Chicken Bites
- Combine lime juice and zest, garlic, coconut milk, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper in a measuring cup.
- Beat with a fork to combine. Set aside.
- Lay chicken breasts on a cutting board, using a fork, prick the chicken several times to help tenderize the meat.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Place chicken in a 1 gallon resealable zip top bag. Place in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with olive oil spray. Set aside.
- Prepare coatings:
In a 1 gallon zip top bag add corn flakes. Seal and press on bag to crush cereal.
- Once crushed up to small pieces add coconut and 1 teaspoon salt. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium dish beat 2 eggs and a tablespoon coconut milk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a 1 gallon zip top bag add bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and drain marinade.
- Line up your prep station on a clean counter:
Marinated chicken, bread crumb bag, egg wash, coconut mixture and baking sheet. (Or reverse it if you prefer your baking sheet on the far left side).
- A few pieces at a time toss chicken into bread crumbs, toss to lightly coat.
- Transfer chicken pieces into egg wash.
- Toss chicken to coat and place into coconut mixture.
- Toss to coat well and press coconut mixture onto chicken if necessary.
- Place chicken onto prepared baking sheet.
- Once the baking sheet is full, spray lightly with olive oil spray and set aside while you prepare the second sheet.
- Prepare the second sheet the same as the first.
- Place baking sheets into oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Flip chicken bites after 10 minutes.
- Cook until coating is golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with reserved lime zest, serve and enjoy!