Claypot Chicken Dinner with 20 cloves of garlic
2 Tbspolive oil
1 Tbsprosemary minced
1 Tbspthyme leaves minced
1/2 Tbspsage leaves minced
2 Tbsplemon juice
1/2 cchicken broth
20 clovegarlic whole and peeled
4 mediumcarrots cut into 4 inch lengths
8red potatoes small cleaned and unpeeled
1 mediumonion sliced in rings
1 smallwhole chicken
4 Tbspbutter softened
·salt and paprika
How to Make Claypot Chicken Dinner with 20 cloves of garlic
- soak the claypot for 15 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken, butter, paprika and salt and pour into claypot.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Put a small whole onion in the cavity of the chicken. Place the butter under the skin on breasts and smooth it out
- Literally sprinkle salt and paprika over chicken. Set chicken on top of potatoes and vegetables.
- Place top on claypot and put in a cold oven. Turn oven up to 450 degrees. Bake about an hour. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and remove top of claypot. Bake another half an hour or until chicken internal temp reaches 185 degrees.
- Remove from oven. Set chicken on carving board and let rest 20 minutes. Strain drippings and discard the cloves of garlic. Cook the dripping on stove top until reduced and slightly thickened.
- Serve the chicken with potatoes and vegetables on the side with sauce drizzled over chicken.
line a sheet of foil beneath the claypot in oven this tends to sometimes boil over a bit.