Chicken With Vegetables and Cashews
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, chopped or cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups of frozen vegetables of your choice. (i use a blend of frozen stir-fry veggies)
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups of long-grain rice, cooked.
- note: we like this served over garlic rice, or rice that is cooked in chicken or vegetable broth for more flavor.
How to Make Chicken With Vegetables and Cashews
- 1In a skillet over medium heat, add the frozen vegetables and ½ cup of chicken broth; cook about 8-10 minutes, or until vegetables are heated through and tender.
- 2Add the chicken, garlic, and some salt and pepper to suit your taste; heat 1-2 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- 3In a small cup, add the ½ cup of broth and cornstarch and mix until well blended; add mixture to the skillet and mix until thickened.
- 4Spoon the chicken-vegetable mixture over individual plates of hot rice. Sprinkle cashews on top. Garnish with chopped Parsley.