Chicken with Marsala, Mushrooms and Gorgonzola
Recipe and photo adapted from Food. com.
1- 1-1/2 lbthinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast
3 Tbspolive oil
2-1/4 cmushrooms, sliced 1/8 inch thick
2garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cdry marsala wine
1/3 cheavy cream
2 ozcrumbled gorgonzola
2 Tbspchopped italian parsley
How to Make Chicken with Marsala, Mushrooms and Gorgonzola
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- In a 10 inch straight sided saute pan, heat 2 tbsps. oil over medium high heat; saute half of the chicken, turning once until lightly browned and barely cooked through-about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm; repeat with remaining chicken.
- Return pan to medium high heat and add remaining 1 tbsp. oil.
Add mushrooms, season and saute stirring with a wooden spoon until softened and well browned-3-4 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and cook stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add Marsala and scrape pan to loosen brown bits; simmer until slightly reduced- about 2-3 minutes/
Stir in cream and simmer until thickened slightly-2-3 minutes.
Add 2/3 rds of the Gorgonzola and stir until melted-1-2 minutes.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasoning.
Add chicken along with any accumulated juices and turn to coat with sauce.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with remaining cheese and parsley.