Chicken with Marsala, Mushrooms and Gorgonzola
Recipe and photo adapted from Food. com.
- 1- 1-1/2 lb
- thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast
- kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2-1/4 c
- mushrooms, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 c
- dry marsala wine
- 1/3 c
- heavy cream
- 2 oz
- crumbled gorgonzola
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped italian parsley
How to Make Chicken with Marsala, Mushrooms and Gorgonzola
- 1Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- 2In a 10 inch straight sided saute pan, heat 2 tbsps. oil over medium high heat; saute half of the chicken, turning once until lightly browned and barely cooked through-about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm; repeat with remaining chicken.
- 3Return pan to medium high heat and add remaining 1 tbsp. oil.
Add mushrooms, season and saute stirring with a wooden spoon until softened and well browned-3-4 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and cook stirring for 30 seconds.
- 4Add Marsala and scrape pan to loosen brown bits; simmer until slightly reduced- about 2-3 minutes/
Stir in cream and simmer until thickened slightly-2-3 minutes.
Add 2/3 rds of the Gorgonzola and stir until melted-1-2 minutes.
- 5Taste sauce and adjust seasoning.
Add chicken along with any accumulated juices and turn to coat with sauce.
- 6Serve immediately, sprinkled with remaining cheese and parsley.