Chicken with Blackberry Sauce
1/2 lbchicken breast filets
1 Tbspdijon mustard
1 Tbspalmond butter
1 tspmaple syrup
1 Tbspsoy sauce (tamari for gluten free)
1/2 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
How to Make Chicken with Blackberry Sauce
- Zest and juice 1/2 lemon, set aside.
In a cup, combine 1 T honey, 1 T dijon mustard and 1 T almond butter.
- In a skillet, heat some oil and fry the chicken breast filets from both sides until brown, season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a plate and tightly cover with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add blackberries, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar to the skillet, fry for some seconds, then deglaze with about 1/8 cup water.
- Add soy sauce, maple syrup and lemon peel, let simmer until berries become soft and liquid has mostly evaporated, then add another 1/8 cup of water and the honey, dijon and almond butter paste. Add more water as needed to make a smooth sauce.
- Add chicken breast filets back to the skillet along with any juices that have formed on the plate, cover skillet and remove from heat.
- Let sit for two minutes, then serve.