Chicken Walnut Stir-Fry
5 Tbspvegetable oil, divided
5 tspsoy sauce, low-sodium, divided
3 tspcornstarch, divided
2boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cchicken broth, low-sodium
1/4 tspground ginger
1/4 tspdried crushed red pepper
1 mediumyellow onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
1-2 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 lbbroccoli florets, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cwalnuts, coarsely chopped
How to Make Chicken Walnut Stir-Fry
- Mix 1 T. oil, 2 t. soy sauce and 1 t. cornstarch together. Add the chicken pieces and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix the chicken broth, ginger, 3 t. soy sauce and 2 t. cornstarch together and set aside.
- Heat 4 T. oil in a wok or large non-stick skillet, over medium heat. Add the chicken mixture and crushed red pepper. Stir-fry until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan. Stir-fry on medium-high until translucent.
- Add the broccoli and stir-fry until tender.
- Add chicken and broth mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in walnuts.
It's ready to serve. I like to serve it over rice.