Vicki Butts (lazyme)
Teriyaki means “grilled with shine,” and it is a method of cooking meat and fish. Sugar in teriyaki sauce gives a shine to the food which makes it not only tasty, but also looks more appetizing.
It's easy to make teriyaki sauce. Add more sugar if you like a sweeter taste or more soy sauce for saltiness.
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- sake (japanese rice wine)
- green onions, sliced diagonally
How to Make Chicken Teriyaki
- 1Trim fat from chicken thighs and cut into bite size pieces.
- 2Heat vegetable oil hot in a skillet (or frying pan), add chicken and pan fry at medium high heat until browned outside and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- 3Add sugar, soy sauce, and sake to chicken and cook until the sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add green onions.