- whole chicken, cut up, or the pieces of your choice, please use bone in . skin on is best but it's up to you.
- salt and pepper
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 1 lb
- italian sausage, hot or sweet, (i mix the two),cut into 1 inch pieces
- 16 oz
- jar pepperoncini peppers, drained ( some use cherry peppers, i often add a few for color but prefer the taste of the pepperoncini)
- flour for dredging
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- oregano, dried
- rosemary, dried
- 1/2 c
- white wine
- 1 c
- chicken stock
- butter and oil for frying, 1/2 and 1/2
- 5 or 6
- red potatoes, cut in wedges
How to Make Chicken Scarpariello
- 1Preheat oven to 425. Preheat a large skillet on stove top.
- 2Salt and pepper chicken and dredge in flour.
- 3Add butter and oil to skillet and brown chicken. Removing as they brown.
- 4Brown the sausage. At the end add the onion and garlic and saute until tender.
- 5Add the chicken back in. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan EXCEPT the potatoes. Cover and turn to a low simmer. Add more water if needed during cooking. You want to keep it moist but not soupy. You may need a little more salt and pepper along the way.
- 6Toss the potatoes with olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Roast in the oven while everything else is cooking.
- 7When chicken is tender toss with the potatoes.
- 8Serve over thin spaghetti or with crusty bread to soak up the juice.