1whole chicken, cut up, or the pieces of your choice, please use bone in . skin on is best but it's up to you.
·salt and pepper
1 largeonion, chopped
1 lbitalian sausage, hot or sweet, (i mix the two), cut into 1 inch pieces
16 ozjar pepperoncini peppers, drained ( some use cherry peppers, i often add a few for color but prefer the taste of the pepperoncini)
·flour for dredging
2 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tsporegano, dried
1/2 cwhite wine
1 cchicken stock
·butter and oil for frying, 1/2 and 1/2
5 or 6red potatoes, cut in wedges
How to Make Chicken Scarpariello
- Preheat oven to 425. Preheat a large skillet on stove top.
- Salt and pepper chicken and dredge in flour.
- Add butter and oil to skillet and brown chicken. Removing as they brown.
- Brown the sausage. At the end add the onion and garlic and saute until tender.
- Add the chicken back in. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan EXCEPT the potatoes. Cover and turn to a low simmer. Add more water if needed during cooking. You want to keep it moist but not soupy. You may need a little more salt and pepper along the way.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Roast in the oven while everything else is cooking.
- When chicken is tender toss with the potatoes.
- Serve over thin spaghetti or with crusty bread to soak up the juice.