Chicken Saltimbocca with Mushrooms
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied or pounded to an even thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
- 4 slices of prosciutto, trimmed to fit chicken breasts
- 2 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ cup dry white wine. (i use pinot grigio)
- 1-2 teaspoons of arrowroot
How to Make Chicken Saltimbocca with Mushrooms
- 1Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- 2Add flour onto a piece of waxed paper or on a plate. Dredge the chicken pieces through the flour, coating evenly and shaking off excess.
- 3In a large pan, over medium heat, melt 3 Tablespoons of butter along with the olive oil. When hot, add the floured chicken breasts and cook until golden brown, 5-8 minutes.
- 4Turn chicken over and continue to cook for another 5-8 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- 5Sprinkle breasts with chopped sage. Top each breast with a slice prosciutto over the chopped sage.
- 6Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to pan along with mushrooms; sauté’ for 2 minutes.
- 7Add the wine and cook 15 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle in arrowroot and stir until slightly thickened.
- 9Add the cheese slice to each breast and cover pan with a lid; cook until melted. Spoon sauce over each chicken breast.