Chicken Saltimbocca with Mushrooms
·4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied or pounded to an even thickness
·salt and pepper to taste
·¼ cup flour
·4 tablespoons butter
·2 tablespoon olive oil
·2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
·4 slices of prosciutto, trimmed to fit chicken breasts
·2 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
·1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
·¾ cup dry white wine. (i use pinot grigio)
·1-2 teaspoons of arrowroot
How to Make Chicken Saltimbocca with Mushrooms
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Add flour onto a piece of waxed paper or on a plate. Dredge the chicken pieces through the flour, coating evenly and shaking off excess.
- In a large pan, over medium heat, melt 3 Tablespoons of butter along with the olive oil. When hot, add the floured chicken breasts and cook until golden brown, 5-8 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and continue to cook for another 5-8 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Sprinkle breasts with chopped sage. Top each breast with a slice prosciutto over the chopped sage.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to pan along with mushrooms; sauté’ for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle in arrowroot and stir until slightly thickened.
- Add the cheese slice to each breast and cover pan with a lid; cook until melted. Spoon sauce over each chicken breast.