Chicken Rama in Thai Peanut Sauce
13 1/2 ozcoconut milk
1 tspground ginger
1-1 1/2 lbboneless skinless chicken, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
2-2 1/2 tspcreamy peanut butter
1 Tbspred curry paste
1/8 cfish sauce
3 1/2 Tbspbrown sugar
1/2 cfinely chopped roasted peanuts
1 bunchfresh spinach leaves
How to Make Chicken Rama in Thai Peanut Sauce
- Add coconut and ginger to a medium saucepan, and stir until well blended. Cook it over medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- Add the chicken pieces to the saucepan. Reduce the heat and let it simmer 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (i.e., no pink remains).
- With a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and transfer to a bowl; cover and set aside. If any coconut milk accumulates at the bottom of the bowl, just pour it back into the saucepan.
- To the saved coconut milk, add the peanut butter, red curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar, and chopped peanuts. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until the sauce is creamy and not grainy in appearance.
- Add the chicken to the saucepan, and heat for another 2 minutes.
- Arrange the fresh spinach on individual plates. Spoon the chicken and peanut sauce over the spinach leaves, and serve immediately while still warm.
- Serving suggestion: Classic side dishes to accompany this dish are steamed white rice and pad Thai noodles.