Chicken Pot Pie
FILLING FOR 2 (TWO) PIES:
4 ccooked chicken, cut up
1 can(s)whole kernal corn
1 can(s)sliced carrots (use a sharp knife to cut them up in smaller chunks)
4baking potatoes, cubed small
1 tspcelery seed
·salt & pepper to taste
3-4 cchicken broth, thickened (or chicken gravy)
4pie crusts (i make them with a top & bottom crust)
1egg, beaten with water to make an egg wash
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Par boil the potatoes in salted water. Drain & add to other filling ingredients. Mix well.
- Divide all filling ingredients into 2 equal amounts in bowls.
- Place bottom crust into 2 oven safe bowls or deep dish pie plates.
- Bake both crusts for 10 minutes. This will help keep the bottom crust from getting too soggy.
- Remove from oven. Fill crust with the filling ingredients.
- Pour the thickened broth over the ingredients.
- Cover pies with the top crust. Brush lightly with the egg wash. Using a fork, poke several holes in the crust.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until crust is golden browned.