Chicken Pie Empanadas
2chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless, shredded
1 can(s)cream chicken soup
1 can(s)cream celery soup
1 tsppoultry seasoning
1/2 tspfresh ground pepper or to taste
1/4 tspkosher salt or to taste
3 smallcelery stalks, finely chopped
1 can(s)jumbo (8 count) biscuits
1 mediumonions, vidalia, peeled, finely chooped
2 largeeggs, beaten
How to Make Chicken Pie Empanadas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook chicken breast either in microwave or boil until no longer pink. Shred chicken ( I use a mini chopper - do not get to fine- use pulse and watch carefully-it only takes a minute). Put chicken in large bowl. Set aside
- To make sauce; combine soups; add poultry seasoning, salt and pepper, stir to combine. Set aside. Cut onion and celery into med-small pieces and put into a food procesor or mini chopper and pulse until chopped fine but not to small.
- Add celery and onions to chicken (you do not have to use all the celery onion mix-use your own discretion). Add the soup mix into the chicken mixture (the same with the celery mixture - start with spoonfulls, slowly add until your get the consistency that you want (to runny-wet and the inside will run out of the empanadas while baking.
- Roll each biscuit into about an 8-9" circle. Place a large tablespoonful (about 1/4c) into the center of the circle. Fold the back of the biscuit over the chicken mixture, making sure all edges are touching. Using a fork, crimp all around the edges to make sure they are sealed completely.
- Combine 2 eggs and 1Tbs water, beating until completely mixed. Brush well over entire empanadas, leaving no area exposed. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min.