CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE
1 bag(s)12 ounces wide egg noddles
2 cchicken broth
2 chalf & half
1 lbcooked boneless chicken breast cut into bite size
2 1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cfrozen peas
·1 sleeve ritz crackers crushed
How to Make CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in empty pot. Add onion and saute until tender, set aside.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in pot, add 3 Tablespoons Flour and whisk till well blended.
- Slowly whisk in half and half and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes until it thickens abit. (dont boil to long or it will curdle)
- Add cooked chicken cut into bite size and cook 8 - 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat.
- Mix cheese, noodles, peas, onion, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper into sauce.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan. Top with crushed Ritz crackers. Bake 20 minutes at 375. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve