8boneless, thinly sliced chicken breast halves
1 csliced mushrooms
1/2 cmarsala wine
1/3 cchicken broth
1/2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Chicken Lombardy
- Dredge thin sliced chicken lightly in flour.
Place 4 pieces at a time in 2 tbsps. of melted butter in a large skillet.
Cook over low heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 13 X 9 inch baking pan, overlapping edges.
Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, adding 2 tbsps. butter, reserve remaining drippings.
- Saute mushrooms in the remaining 1/4 cup butter.
Sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- Stir wine and chicken broth into pan drippings in skillet.
Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spoon sauce evenly over chicken.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Combine cheeses, and sprinkle over chicken.
Bake an additional 5 minutes.