- canola oil, for frying
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts - 6-8 oz each
- 2 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- dill, finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp
- chilled butter
- 1 c
- 1 c
- unseasoned bread crumbs
- lemon, wedged
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Chicken Kiev
- 1Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil to 360 degrees F in a large, deep skillet.
- 2Pound each chicken breast out (between waxed paper) to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 3Combine chopped garlic and herbs. Cut the cold butter into 4 equal-sized pieces and coat each completely with the herb/garlic mix.
- 4Put flour on 1 plate, beat eggs with a little cold water and put in a pie plate, and put the bread crumbs on a third plate.
- 5Squeeze a lemon over each piece of chicken and season with salt and pepper. Put an herbed butter cube on each piece of chicken and roll up tightly, securing with a toothpick. Roll stuffed breasts first in the flour, then egg, then bread crumbs - coating well.
- 6Fry the chicken bundles for 7-8 minutes on each side or until they reach a deep golden brown all over.