☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 largechicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 4-6 strips
3 largeeggs, whisk with 2 tsp. salt 'til frothy
1/2 lbbutter, clarified
8 ozmushrooms, sliced
1/2 lbgruyére cheese, grated (swiss or jack optional) but not same flavor
1 crich chicken broth
How to Make Chicken Gruyére
- Put chicken strips in eggs and salt, let drain. Roll in flour. Heat butter in large skillet and sauté chicken over medium-low heath until crusty, NOT COLORED, turn (cook approx. 2 minutes each side). DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Arrange strips in shallow, buttered casserole (I use a glass 9x13 pan), leaving space around outer edges. Scatter mushrooms over strips and top with grated cheese.
- Add chicken broth to butter and drippings in skillet. Cook over high heat for 2 minutes, scraping sides and bottom to get brown bits.
- Pour reduced broth around edges of casserole but NOT over the chicken. Bake in center of preheated 300º oven for 15 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Spoon over hot, cooked white rice (adding a little sauce too). You will be the hero of Valentine's Day or any other special occasion.