~ Chicken Fritters ~
Will add more photo's should I get them to download. Time for a new camera...Luckily there were three left, so my son got a picture with his I pad.
- 2 c
- finely, chopped cooked chicken
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- each - garlic powder & season salt
- 1/4 tsp
- pepper & cayenne pepper ( optional )
- 1/3 c
- chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- minced parsley
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 c
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 2/3 c
- salt for sprinkling fresh out of oil
- for frying
- sauce ~ i served with honey mustard
How to Make ~ Chicken Fritters ~
- 1In a large bowl, toss chicken, with seasonings, parsley, garlic, onion, lemon juice. Set aside for about 15 minutes.
After the chicken has set 15 minutes, in another bowl mix flour, egg, milk and baking powder, blend well.
Add the flour mixture to the chicken and mix well.
In a large skillet, heat 1 inch of oil to 375 degrees. Drop my Tablespoon or cookie scoop into the hot oil and fry in batches without crowding for 2 minutes or until golden brown, turn as they cook.
Drain on paper towels, salt immediately.
Serve with favorite dipping sauce.
These chicken fritters would be great to serve at a party. I do large batches in my turkey fryer.
***I had step by step photos, but can't get Photos to download. Will add later if they cooperate.