Chicken Dumplings Simmered in Broth
Andy Anderson !
I love this cold weather because it gets me into my mad (cooking) scientist mode.
So, you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
12 ozchicken breast, chopped
1 mediumegg, just the white
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
1/4 tspblack pepper, freshly grated
1/4 tspsalt, kosher variety
3strips of bacon, crispy and chopped
2 Tbspbasil, chopped
1 Tbspfresh ginger, grated
3 cchicken broth, freshly made, if possible
1/8 cdry sherry
How to Make Chicken Dumplings Simmered in Broth
- Add all the ingredients for the dumplings into a food processor, fitted with an S-blade.
- MAKING THE BROTH
- Add the broth ingredients to a large pot, and bring to a slow boil.
- Place half the dumplings into the pot.
- Cook covered, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the dumplings are tender.
- Remove from the pot, and keep warm, while cooking the remaining dumplings.