Chicken & Dumplings
- boneless & skinless chicken breasts
- 4 c
- water for boiling the chicken
- 1 Tbsp
- chicken bouillon granules
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 12oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 c
- milk ( i use 2 %)
- 2 large
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- bread flour (can use all purpose)
- 1/4 c
- salt & freshly ground pepper as needed
HAND ROLLED DUMPLINGS
How to Make Chicken & Dumplings
- 1Place your chicken breasts in a pot with the water & bouillon granules. Let boil until cooked through over medium high heat 1 1/2 hrs. Turn off heat and let them set until slightly warm.
- 2Discard any fatty parts. Shred chicken and place in bowl. Strain any fat from chicken broth that you cooked the chicken in and return it to pan, along with shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, evaporated milk and regular milk and cook on medium low heat until mixture is blended and comes to a low boil.
- 3Dumplings-In a small bowl, beat eggs with salt. In a large bowl, pour flour and make a well in center. Mix in eggs gradually. Add water 1 tsp. at a time. Knead until smooth and elastic, adding more flour or water if necessary. Divide dough into thirds. Roll out one part at a time on a well floured pastry board into thin rectangles and let dry a bit. Fold dough lengthwise into thirds and cut into dumplings with sharp knife.
- 4Slowly press your dumplings into creamy chicken pot mixture and turn your heat to low and keep adding more a more dumplings slowly stirring while adding until all dumplings are added and cooked, about 30 minutes. Turn off heat and let them set, stirring occasionally until ready to serve. Salt & pepper as desired. * I double my dumplings when family comes over. They go quick.