Chicken Cacciatore Stew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
- 1 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken thigh meat, trimmed & cubed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 c
- sweet onion, diced
- green bell peppers, diced
- (16 oz.) jar cacciatore simmer sauce (private selection or whatever brand you like)
- 3/4 c
- penne pasta, uncooked
- parmesan cheese, shredded, for garnish
How to Make Chicken Cacciatore Stew
- 1Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
- 2Season chicken pieces with salt & pepper. Once skillet is hot, add chicken pieces a few at a time, brown well on all sides & remove. Continue until all chicken is browned & set aside.
- 3Using the same skillet, saute onions & peppers for 3 to 5 minutes, scraping up brown bits.
- 4Add chicken back to skillet & stir in the Cacciatore Simmer Sauce. Bring to a simmer & stir in dry pasta.
- 5Cover & cook over low heat until chicken is cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees & pasta is tender.
- 6Transfer to serving bowl or individual plates & garnish with parmesan cheese.
- 7Refrigerate any leftovers.