Chicken Cacciatore Stew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 ccanola oil
1 lbboneless, skinless chicken thigh meat, trimmed & cubed
·salt & pepper to taste
1 csweet onion, diced
2green bell peppers, diced
1(16 oz.) jar cacciatore simmer sauce (private selection or whatever brand you like)
3/4 cpenne pasta, uncooked
·parmesan cheese, shredded, for garnish
How to Make Chicken Cacciatore Stew
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Season chicken pieces with salt & pepper. Once skillet is hot, add chicken pieces a few at a time, brown well on all sides & remove. Continue until all chicken is browned & set aside.
- Using the same skillet, saute onions & peppers for 3 to 5 minutes, scraping up brown bits.
- Add chicken back to skillet & stir in the Cacciatore Simmer Sauce. Bring to a simmer & stir in dry pasta.
- Cover & cook over low heat until chicken is cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees & pasta is tender.
- Transfer to serving bowl or individual plates & garnish with parmesan cheese.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.