Chicken Breasts with Goat Cheese and Rosemary
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
- 2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- shallots, chopped
- 3/4 tsp
- fresh rosemary chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 3 oz
- soft fresh goat cheese (such as montrachet)
- 1/2 tsp
- crushed black peppercorns
- 2 large
- chicken breast halves with skin and bones
How to Make Chicken Breasts with Goat Cheese and Rosemary
- 1Melt 1 teaspoon butter in heavy small skillet over medium-low heat.
- 2Add shallots and rosemary and saute until shallots are tender, about 4 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Mix in goat cheese and pepper.
- 5Season to taste with salt.
- 6Using fingertips, loosen skin of chicken breasts, leaving skin attached on 1 long side.
- 7Spread half of cheese filling over meat and under skin of each breast.
- 8Pull skin over filling and secure with toothpick.
- 9Rub remaining 1 teaspoon butter over skin, dividing equally. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- 10Preheat oven to 425F.
- 11Arrange chicken on baking sheet.
- 12Bake until cooked through, about 25 minutes.