Chicken Breasts with Goat Cheese and Rosemary
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspshallots, chopped
3/4 tspfresh rosemary chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
3 ozsoft fresh goat cheese (such as montrachet)
1/2 tspcrushed black peppercorns
2 largechicken breast halves with skin and bones
How to Make Chicken Breasts with Goat Cheese and Rosemary
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in heavy small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add shallots and rosemary and saute until shallots are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in goat cheese and pepper.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Using fingertips, loosen skin of chicken breasts, leaving skin attached on 1 long side.
- Spread half of cheese filling over meat and under skin of each breast.
- Pull skin over filling and secure with toothpick.
- Rub remaining 1 teaspoon butter over skin, dividing equally. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Arrange chicken on baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked through, about 25 minutes.