CHICKEN & ASPARAGUS MOZZARELLA CASSEROLE
It’s super easy and (somewhat) healthy. It has asparagus in it, that’s healthy, right?
I'm big on casserole cooking because I don't have to wash as many dishes that way! I tend to serve on what I call the good china (disposable plates) unless I'm having company (that would be tacky).
Did I mention that the quicker and easier a dish is the better and casseroles are the easiest!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbchicken breast, cubed
·seasoning salt (i use johnny’s from costco, lawry’s is great too!
1 lbfresh asparagus, cut into 1-2? pieces
1 lbpasta (penne or fusilli works great)
1 largeonion, chopped
1 1/2 cgrated mozzarella cheese
3/4 cpanko bread crumbs
1/4 c+ 1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Make CHICKEN & ASPARAGUS MOZZARELLA CASSEROLE
- Boil pasta to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, season and cook chicken and onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- (*Just a small tip: If you want to get your chicken pretty and browned, be patient. Don’t move the chicken constantly.
- Allow chicken to sit on medium temperature for long enough for it to get nice and brown, then stir and brown on other sides).
- Steam asparagus, salt and pepper to taste.
- Put asparagus in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Then layer chicken, then pasta.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup olive over everything.
- Lightly toss to coat chicken and asparagus.
- Top with cheese, then panko bread crumbs.
- Broil in the oven just until the cheese is melted and the breadcrumbs are nice and brown.