CHICKEN & ASPARAGUS MOZZARELLA CASSEROLE
It’s super easy and (somewhat) healthy. It has asparagus in it, that’s healthy, right?
I'm big on casserole cooking because I don't have to wash as many dishes that way! I tend to serve on what I call the good china (disposable plates) unless I'm having company (that would be tacky).
Did I mention that the quicker and easier a dish is the better and casseroles are the easiest!
- 2 lb
- chicken breast, cubed
- seasoning salt (i use johnny’s from costco, lawry’s is great too!
- 1 lb
- fresh asparagus, cut into 1-2? pieces
- 1 lb
- pasta (penne or fusilli works great)
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- grated mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c
- + 1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Make CHICKEN & ASPARAGUS MOZZARELLA CASSEROLE
- 1Boil pasta to package directions.
- 2While pasta is cooking, season and cook chicken and onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 3(*Just a small tip: If you want to get your chicken pretty and browned, be patient. Don’t move the chicken constantly.
- 4Allow chicken to sit on medium temperature for long enough for it to get nice and brown, then stir and brown on other sides).
- 5Steam asparagus, salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Put asparagus in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- 7Then layer chicken, then pasta.
- 8Drizzle 1/4 cup olive over everything.
- 9Lightly toss to coat chicken and asparagus.
- 10Top with cheese, then panko bread crumbs.
- 11Broil in the oven just until the cheese is melted and the breadcrumbs are nice and brown.