Chicken and Mushrooms
·chicken wings and breasts (i use 4 breasts/6 wings)
1 can(s)tomato soup, condensed
1 pkgdry onion soup mix or dry onion-mushroom soup mix
1 largetomato, diced
1 can(s)mushroom pieces, or fresh mushrooms
How to Make Chicken and Mushrooms
- Rinse chicken parts, and then place in your favorite roasting pan. Sprinkle the dry onion soup mix all over the chicken, and add the rest to the pan.
- Mix the can of tomato soup with the can of water. If using canned mushroom pieces, also add the liquid from that can. If using fresh mushrooms, add a 1/2 C of dry white wine or chicken broth. Mix the liquids well and pour into roasting pan.
- Add the mushroom pieces or chopped fresh mushrooms, and diced tomato to the pan as well.
- Roast at 350 degrees for approximately an hour, or until chicken is cooked through. Check at the 45 minute mark to make sure there is still liquid in the pan so the chicken doesn't burn. If there isn't enough liquid, add some chicken broth.
- I usually serve this over rice because you end up with a delicious tomato based sauce when the chicken is finished cooking.