Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic White Wine Sauce
- 6 ounces of egg noodles, cooked
- 1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups of fresh sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- parsley for garnish, chopped (optional)
How to Make Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic White Wine Sauce
- 1Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- 2In a bowl, combine 1 Tablespoon of flour, salt, pepper and Thyme. Add in the chicken and toss to coat.
- 4Meanwhile, begin to cook the noodles; cook as directed on the package. ( I cook my noodles in chicken broth to add more flavor to the dish).
- 5After chicken has been cooked, remove the chicken from the pan on to plate.
- 7Add the white wine and ½ of the chicken broth; Simmer for 2 minutes. (I like using Pinot Grigio wine in this recipe).
- 8Mix the 1 Tablespoon of flour with the remainder chicken broth; stir into the pan and mix until slightly thickened.
- 9Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer for another 2 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- 10You can either mix the noodles with the chicken mixture, or spoon the chicken mixture over individual plates of noodles. Garnish with parsley and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.