Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic White Wine Sauce
·6 ounces of egg noodles, cooked
·1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
·2 tablespoons flour
·½ teaspoon salt
·1/4 teaspoon black pepper
·4 tablespoons olive oil
·2 cloves of garlic, minced
·½ teaspoon thyme
·2 cups of fresh sliced mushrooms
·½ cup dry white wine
·½ cup chicken broth
·¼ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
·parsley for garnish, chopped (optional)
How to Make Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic White Wine Sauce
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- In a bowl, combine 1 Tablespoon of flour, salt, pepper and Thyme. Add in the chicken and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, begin to cook the noodles; cook as directed on the package. ( I cook my noodles in chicken broth to add more flavor to the dish).
- After chicken has been cooked, remove the chicken from the pan on to plate.
- Add the white wine and ½ of the chicken broth; Simmer for 2 minutes. (I like using Pinot Grigio wine in this recipe).
- Mix the 1 Tablespoon of flour with the remainder chicken broth; stir into the pan and mix until slightly thickened.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer for another 2 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- You can either mix the noodles with the chicken mixture, or spoon the chicken mixture over individual plates of noodles. Garnish with parsley and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.