Cheddar Crusted Baked Chicken
One of my members asked me to test this recipe - I did.
My family loved it.
The sauce, using canned chicken soup is delicious when drizzled over the chicken.
I serve this with vegetables or a crisp green salad
1kgfree range chicken tenders or chicken breasts
1 or 2 pkggraham crackers or gluten free crackers
1/4 tspcrushed black pepper
1/2 cmilk (use whole or half and half)
3 cgrated cheddar or cheese of choice
1 tspfresh chopped parsley
1 tspfreshly chopped thyme
10 ozcan chicken soup
2 Tbspsour cream (use fat reduced)
How to Make Cheddar Crusted Baked Chicken
- Crush crackers. If using chicken breasts and not tenders, cut each chicken breast into 3 large pieces.
- Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the salt and pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine. NOTE: you can add a teaspoon of Italian seasoning if you wish
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk and then the cheese. Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers. Then press the cheesy coated chicken into the cracker crumbs and press it in.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan. Sprinkle the parsley and thyme over the chicken.
- Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
- SAUCE: In a medium sized sauce pan combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk. Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.