- 4 large
- bonless, skinless chicken breasts
- sleeves ritz or other buttery crackers
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 3 c
- cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup, 10 ounce size
- 2 Tbsp
- sour cream
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Cheddar Chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 13 X 9 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Cut each chicken breast into two or three pieces. Pound to about 1/4" thickness with meat mallet. Set aside.
- 3In a small to medium sized bowl, crush crackers into fine crumbs. Mix in salt and pepper. Pour milk in another bowl and cheese in a third bowl.
- 4Dip chicken breasts in milk, turning to coat. Roll in grated cheese. (NOTE: You may have trouble getting the cheese to adhere to the chicken pieces. Use your fingers to press onto chicken). Roll in cracker crumbs.
- 5Place chicken pieces in prepared baking dish. You may sprinkle any leftover cheese over the chicken pieces. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and remove foil. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and pour sauce (recipe to follow) over chicken. Serve hot with your favorite veggies and rolls.
- 7SAUCE: Place all ingredients in a sauce pan. Mix thoroughly with whisk and heat until butter is melted. Pour over chicken while hot and serve.