Cheap and Easy Rotisserie Chicken Pot Pie!
1 pkgpillsbury ready made pie crust dough
2 can(s)cream of chicken soup
2 largechicken breasts pulled off a rotisserie chicken
1 can(s)mixed vegetables
1 smallonion chopped
1/2 tspblack pepper
How to Make Cheap and Easy Rotisserie Chicken Pot Pie!
- Heat oven to 425°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie, using 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In a small skillet, add chopped onions with a pat of butter, cook about 4-5 minutes on medium heat. Add to steps 2 and 3.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup milk, 2 tablespoons of flour, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended. Drain can of mixed vegetables, then add vegetables to condensed soup mixture.
- I buy a rotisserie chicken, and pull the breast meat off in chunks and place in mixing bowl of vegetables and soup mix. Stir well.
- Place one pie crust shell on bottom of pie plate as directed on packaging. Pour chicken/vegetable/soup mixture on top of pie shell. Spread evenly. Please 2nd pie crust shell on top, sealing the edges around the pie plate. Place about 3-4 slits on top pie crust to allow steam to exit during baking.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. After 15 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges.