Cassies Cannonball Wings Or Ribs Sauce
If you don't like spicy, leave out the peppers.
- 4 - 5 lb
- chicken wings
- 1 1/8 c
- 3/4 c
- rice vinegar
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar - light or dark
- 2/3 - 3/4
- each - molasses - honey
- 1 - 2
- habenero pepper - seeded and chopped - optional - i used 3 and left the seeds of one - it will open your sinuses...lol
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced fine
- splashes hot pepper sauce, such as tabasco - optional
- 1/2 tsp
- each - salt & pepper - garlic powder - chili powder
- 1/4 tsp
- onion powder
- 3/4 tsp
- liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
How to Make Cassies Cannonball Wings Or Ribs Sauce
- 1Clean and pat dry wing sections.
Place all sauce ingredients in a saucepan, stir to combine, bring to a boil, then turn heat down and simmer until desired thickness. Stirring occasionally. I like a thicker sauce - so mine took 1 hour. Taste when finished cooking, to see if you might want to add a little more of something...we liked it as is...I thought it had just the right amount of everything, but all tastes are different!
- 2While sauce simmers, turn on fryer and temperature control to 350 degree F. ( I use my turkey fryer to make my wings.)
After sauce reaches desired thickness I strained the peppers, you don't have to.
When wings are finished cooking, mine usually take 30 minutes as we like them crispy. I place wings in a bowl. Pour desired amount of sauce over wings and toss to coat.
Right before serving I ground a couple grinds of garlic and sea salt over top. Delish!