Carole's Enchilada Bake ****
- 1 c
- diced sweet onion
- poblano peppers, seeded and diced or jalapeno if preferred
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 2 clove
- minced garlic
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1 can(s)
- rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- taco seasoning mix
- 6-inch corn tortillas, cut to fit chosen baking dish
- 3 c
- shredded cooked chicken
- 4 c
- cheddar/jack cheese, shredded
- head romaine lettuce, thinly shredded
How to Make Carole's Enchilada Bake ****
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Sauté onions & pepper in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until tender.
Add garlic and sauté.
Stir in soup and next 4 ingredients; remove from heat.
- 3Spread 1 cup soup mixture in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Sprinkle with romaine.
Arrange tortillas, slightly overlapping, over soup mixture; top with chicken, Cheddar/Jack cheeses, romaine and soup mixture.
Repeat layers once.
Top with remaining tortillas, soup mixture, and cheeses.
- 4Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
Remove from oven let stand 15 minutes before serving.