CARMEN'S BEST TASTING CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
3-4bonless chicken breast
1 sm can(s)cream of mushroom soup
8 ozsour cream
·salt and pepper to taste
1 pkgchicken gravy
2 cplain flour
1/2 cbuttermilk (may need more to make a dry dough)
How to Make CARMEN'S BEST TASTING CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
- using a large pot, cook chicken breast, remove chicken and set aside to cool
- add soup and pepper to water and bring to boil. while waiting on water to boil, add flour and buttermilk in a bowl, mix and add more buttermilk if needed to make a dry dough
- when water is boiling, add about 1/3 of the dumplings and cook 5-7 min,stir gently to separate dumplings. have a LG bowl ready for dumplings when done, using a spoon with holes, or a small strainer remove from water and place in bowl....repeat till all dough is cooked.
- add sour cream and gravy powder to water, using whisk, consonantly stirring cook till thickened remove from heat add water if to thick, add salt and pepper to taste.
- take chicken breast, and pull or cut into bite size pieces and add to dumplings. pour enough juice over dumplings to cover, stir well, add more if needed.