Calabaza con Pollo
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4chicken breast, boned and cut in 2 inch pieces
·salt and black pepper, to taste
·garlic powder, to taste
4 mediumzucchini, ( 5 to 7 inces long) sliced 1/2 thick and quartered
1/2 mediumonion, diced
2 mediumtomatoes, diced
1 (16) ozwhole kernal corn
How to Make Calabaza con Pollo
- In a large skillet, pour a thin layer of oil. Cook the chicken pieces over medium heat for about 10 minutes. season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Add the zucchini pieces and cook with the chicken for a couple of minutes.
- Add the onion and let it brown. Add the tomatoes and combine with the rest of the ingredients in the skillet.
- Add the corn with the water in the can to the other ingredients. Cover and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- This dish should remain somewhat soupy when done. If drying, add 1/4 cup water. You will know it's done when the inside of the zucchini turns light green.
- The dish can be served as a main course or side dish.