Cajun Chicken & Rice
1 smallwhole fryer, cut into quarters
1generous amount tony cachere's creole seasoning
1 1/2 cmirepoix (chopped onions; celery & carrots)
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 cjasmine rice
·water as called for by rice preperation
2 Tbspcanola oil
How to Make Cajun Chicken & Rice
- quarter chicken; rinse and pat with paper towel to dry
- heat oil in dutch oven on medium high, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- brown chicken pieces to a golden color; remove from pot; pour off half of the oil, return to stove top.
- cook mirepoix 8-10 minutes, do not brown. turn off stove top. add water, soup, and rice and whisk.
- put lid on dutch oven, bake in oven 1 hour @ 325 degrees.
- remove chicken pieces; stir rice, and enjoy!