Cajun Chicken & Rice
- 1 small
- whole fryer, cut into quarters
- generous amount tony cachere's creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 c
- mirepoix (chopped onions; celery & carrots)
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c
- jasmine rice
- water as called for by rice preperation
- 2 Tbsp
- canola oil
How to Make Cajun Chicken & Rice
- 1quarter chicken; rinse and pat with paper towel to dry
- 3heat oil in dutch oven on medium high, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 4brown chicken pieces to a golden color; remove from pot; pour off half of the oil, return to stove top.
- 5cook mirepoix 8-10 minutes, do not brown. turn off stove top. add water, soup, and rice and whisk.
- 6put lid on dutch oven, bake in oven 1 hour @ 325 degrees.
- 7remove chicken pieces; stir rice, and enjoy!