Brine for Chicken
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/3 ckosher salt
1 Tbspwhite vinegar
1 qtwater (plus more)
How to Make Brine for Chicken
- Place salt, sugar and vinegar in a large non-reactive container that will easily hold your chicken.
- Bring water to boil and pour over the mixture. Stir until dissolved.
- Add enough ice to chill the mixture well.
- Add the chicken and enough water to submerge it. Weigh it down if it floats. Cover and keep refrigerated 24 hours.
- NOTE: this is for an average size chicken, about 4 or 5 pounds. If you have a much larger bird increase the ingredients.