Brenda's Pepperoni Chicken Rollups
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
My grandkids have really enjoyed this - especially because they like to help make it. We've made it early in the morning and then baked it later in the day while preparing a salad and French bread for a quick and simple dinner.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
4 slicemozzarella cheese
1 28-ounce jar(s)spaghetti sauce
1 pinchgarlic powder
·salt and pepper, to taste
1 tspitalian seasoning
How to Make Brenda's Pepperoni Chicken Rollups
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Pound chicken breasts flat with a meat mallet. Season to taste with garlic powder, salt, pepper and Italian style seasoning.
- Place 4 to 5 slices pepperoni on each breast and top each with a slice of cheese.
- Roll up breasts and fasten with toothpicks.
- Dice 1/2 stick pepperoni and saute in a medium skillet until it has released most of its oil.
- Remove pepperoni from skillet and set aside.
- Brown chicken rolls in pepperoni oil about 5 to 10 minutes each side.
- Place chicken in a baking dish.
- Combine spaghetti sauce and sliced pepperoni and pour over chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes.