Brenda's Pepperoni Chicken Rollups
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
My grandkids have really enjoyed this - especially because they like to help make it. We've made it early in the morning and then baked it later in the day while preparing a salad and French bread for a quick and simple dinner.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 20 slice
- 8 oz
- 4 slice
- mozzarella cheese
- 1 28-ounce jar(s)
- spaghetti sauce
- 1 pinch
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
How to Make Brenda's Pepperoni Chicken Rollups
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F.
- 2Pound chicken breasts flat with a meat mallet. Season to taste with garlic powder, salt, pepper and Italian style seasoning.
- 3Place 4 to 5 slices pepperoni on each breast and top each with a slice of cheese.
- 4Roll up breasts and fasten with toothpicks.
- 5Dice 1/2 stick pepperoni and saute in a medium skillet until it has released most of its oil.
- 6Remove pepperoni from skillet and set aside.
- 7Brown chicken rolls in pepperoni oil about 5 to 10 minutes each side.
- 8Place chicken in a baking dish.
- 9Combine spaghetti sauce and sliced pepperoni and pour over chicken.
- 10Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes.