Brazilian Chicken and Rice with Olives
Daily Inspiration S
- 1 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp
- orange zest
- 1 pkg
- 8-oz. pkg. yellow rice mix with seasoning packet (measure water according to package instructions taking into account orange juice as part of cooking liquid)
- 1/2 c
- orange juice
- 1/2 c
- (packed) pimento-stuffed olives, halved
- 1 c
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- orange wedge to garnish
How to Make Brazilian Chicken and Rice with Olives
- 1Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and generously with freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, garlic and zest; saute until chicken is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add water and juice combination and bring to a boil. Mix in rice and seasoning packet and olives. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and let stand covered 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro and transfer to a platter. Garnish with orange wedges.