Berbere Spiced Chicken "Sammiches"
8chicken thighs, deboned and skin on
3/4 colive oil
1/4 cberbere (an ethiopian spice)
1/2 tspberbere (an ethiopian spice)
3 Tbspdried chive
1 Tbspminced garlic
8king's hawaiian sweet rolls (sliced in half)
How to Make Berbere Spiced Chicken "Sammiches"
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, Kosher salt, cumin, chives, garlic and 1/4 cup of Berbere. Pour over chicken in storage bag, seal shut and gently “massage” oil & spices into meat until thoroughly covered.
- Using another small bowl, blend the mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon of the Berbere seasoning and 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt until well-blended, cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Cover a shallow, rimmed baking pan with 2 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil and place a wire rack (or two, depending on pan size) over the foil so they are slightly suspended. Spray racks lightly with non-stick coating.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the storage bag and place on the wire racks, making sure to “tuck” the skin neatly underneath. Place in over and cook until done, approximately 50 minutes or as juices run clear when meat is pricked with a fork.
- Slice each of the Hawaiian sweet rolls in half and spread lightly with the mayonnaise mixture. Place a cooked chicken thigh on the roll and secure with a frilled toothpick. Serve warm!!