Balsamic- Glazed Chicken
If you are not into spinach- that’s totally okay! You can serve this chicken with anything you want. It would be great with rice, steamed veggies or even a baked potato.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
86-ounce (or two larger) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 tspdried thyme (or 4 teaspoons fresh)
4 tspextra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cbalsamic vinegar
4 Tbspbutter, cut into bits
·spinach, for serving
How to Make Balsamic- Glazed Chicken
- Mix thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pat both sides of the chicken breasts with the spice mixture.
- Heat a large skillet with the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, cook for 2 to 3 minutes (or until browned).
- Turn and cook the other side until browned.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- Add water, vinegar, and honey to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 2 minutes or until slightly syrupy and reduced by half.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and return the chicken to the pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes in the glaze, then turn the chicken over and cook for an additional 3 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through).
- Serve drizzled with glaze.
- If you'd like to serve over spinach, heat 1/3 cup of water in a large skillet, add a bag of spinach, place the lid on top and let it cook and wilt.
- Add salt and pepper, as desired, and serve chicken on top of the spinach.