Balsamic- Glazed Chicken
If you are not into spinach- that’s totally okay! You can serve this chicken with anything you want. It would be great with rice, steamed veggies or even a baked potato.
- 6-ounce (or two larger) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tsp
- dried thyme (or 4 teaspoons fresh)
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 tsp
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 c
- 1/2 c
- balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, cut into bits
- spinach, for serving
How to Make Balsamic- Glazed Chicken
- 1Mix thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 2Pat both sides of the chicken breasts with the spice mixture.
- 3Heat a large skillet with the olive oil over medium heat.
- 4Add the chicken, cook for 2 to 3 minutes (or until browned).
- 5Turn and cook the other side until browned.
- 6Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- 7Add water, vinegar, and honey to the skillet.
- 8Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 9Boil for 2 minutes or until slightly syrupy and reduced by half.
- 10Add the butter and stir until melted.
- 11Reduce the heat to medium-low and return the chicken to the pan.
- 12Cook for about 3 minutes in the glaze, then turn the chicken over and cook for an additional 3 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through).
- 13Serve drizzled with glaze.
- 14If you'd like to serve over spinach, heat 1/3 cup of water in a large skillet, add a bag of spinach, place the lid on top and let it cook and wilt.
- 15Add salt and pepper, as desired, and serve chicken on top of the spinach.