Baked Chicken in White Wine with Bacon and Fennel
1whole roaster chicken
1/2 colive oil
2 mediumfennel bulbs
6 clovegarlic minced
1 tspsea salt
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 cdry white wine
1 cchicken broth
1knorr homestyle chicken bouillon or 1 tsp better then chicken bouillon
1knorr homestly beef bouillon or 1 tsp better than beef bouillon
How to Make Baked Chicken in White Wine with Bacon and Fennel
- Rinse chicken remove giblets and rub dry.
- Chop one onion in half. Place in cavity of chicken. Slice one bulb of fennel into slices and place under skin of breast and in cavity.
- Rub chicken with oil. Combine the salt, pepper, paprika, and nutmeg. Sprinkle on chicken rub into skin with more oil.
- Place chicken in roaster pan. slice the other onion and fennel into thin slices and place around chicken
- Pour wine over chicken. Mix chicken broth with both bouillon's pour over chicken.
- cover chicken with bacon slices.
- Place in 350 degrees oven and bake about 2 hours. Baste often Tent with foil if skin becomes to dark
- Remove from oven and tent with foil and let chicken rest 15 minutes.
- Boil broth for 15 minutes to reduce. You can thicken if you wish. Serve with chicken