Baked Chicken in White Wine with Bacon and Fennel
- whole roaster chicken
- 2 large
- 1/2 c
- olive oil
- 2 medium
- fennel bulbs
- 6 clove
- garlic minced
- 8 slice
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 tsp
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 c
- dry white wine
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- knorr homestyle chicken bouillon or 1 tsp better then chicken bouillon
- knorr homestly beef bouillon or 1 tsp better than beef bouillon
How to Make Baked Chicken in White Wine with Bacon and Fennel
- 1Rinse chicken remove giblets and rub dry.
- 2Chop one onion in half. Place in cavity of chicken. Slice one bulb of fennel into slices and place under skin of breast and in cavity.
- 3Rub chicken with oil. Combine the salt, pepper, paprika, and nutmeg. Sprinkle on chicken rub into skin with more oil.
- 4Place chicken in roaster pan. slice the other onion and fennel into thin slices and place around chicken
- 5Pour wine over chicken. Mix chicken broth with both bouillon's pour over chicken.
- 6cover chicken with bacon slices.
- 7Place in 350 degrees oven and bake about 2 hours. Baste often Tent with foil if skin becomes to dark
- 8Remove from oven and tent with foil and let chicken rest 15 minutes.
- 9Boil broth for 15 minutes to reduce. You can thicken if you wish. Serve with chicken