Alice Springs Chicken
- 2 large
- boneless skinless chicken breast pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 Tbsp
- seasoning salt
- 1/2 lb
- 1 c
- fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 c
- prepared mustard
- 1/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- dried onion flakes
- 2 c
- shredded colby jack cheese
How to Make Alice Springs Chicken
- 1Pound the chicken and salt both sides. Set aside. In large pan cook bacon. Remove bacon with slotted spoon to paper towel. Set aside.
- 2Add mushrooms to bacon grease and saute until they release their moisture and brown up a bit. Remove with slotted spoon to plate and set aside.
- 3Add chicken to pan and brown on both sides. Add more oil if needed.
- 4Place chicken in greased baking pan.
- 5Mix together the mustard, honey, mayo and onion flakes. Spoon evenly over breasts. Top with mushrooms.
- 6Chop bacon into bits and add on top. Top with cheese.
- 7Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes