A Yorkshireman's Vacation
Funny tidbit: There is an old British saying that "a Yorkshireman is a Scotsman with all the generosity squeezed out of him". LOL
1 largecan pineapple slices, save juice in a ziplock bag
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1 clovegarlic, crushed
1/2 Tbspfresh ginger, chopped (or 1 tsp powdered ginger)
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspginger, ground
1/4 cbutter, melted **
How to Make A Yorkshireman's Vacation
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Take pineapple slices from can, set aside.
- In a large ziplock bag, add juice from pineapple can and the rest of the marinade ingredients. Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces to the ziplock bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Place chicken in baking dish with space between pieces. Add a pineapple slice on top of each chicken piece.
- Chop up remaining pineapple rings to go into the pudding.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Pudding ingredients. Whip vigorously with a whisk to add air
- Add in the chopped pineapple, and pour over chicken pieces.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until pudding is a nice golden brown & puffy.
- ** If using boneless, skinless chicken breasts, add the melted butter to the pudding to compensate for the difference in fat content. (without the skin, and using white meat the pudding could be a bit dry if the butter is not added)