☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspbutter or vegetable oil
4polish or german-style sausages (1 1/2 - 2 lbs.), sliced 1/4" thick. i used kielbasa
1onion, cut in halve and sliced
2 Tbspwhite wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
2 cchopped apples, 2-3 med. (granny smith)
1 cchopped red or green bell pepper, 1 medium
4 csliced or shredded cabbage
1 Tbspkrakow nights spice blend (penzeys)
1/2 capple juice or cider
How to Make Wiener-Kraut
- In a large deep skillet, melt the butter or heat the vegetable oil over med-high heat.
- Add the sausage slices and brown, about 4 min. per side.
- Add the onion and cook until tender, 3-5 min's, stirring often.
- Add the vinegar to deglaze the pan, being sure to scrape up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the apples, bell pepper, cabbage Krakow Nights spice and apple juice or cider.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook about 10 min., until the cabbage is tender, but not mushy.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, egg noodles or spaetzle.