☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or vegetable oil
- polish or german-style sausages (1 1/2 - 2 lbs.), sliced 1/4" thick. i used kielbasa
- onion, cut in halve and sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 c
- chopped apples, 2-3 med. (granny smith)
- 1 c
- chopped red or green bell pepper, 1 medium
- 4 c
- sliced or shredded cabbage
- 1 Tbsp
- krakow nights spice blend (penzeys)
- 1/2 c
- apple juice or cider
How to Make Wiener-Kraut
- 1In a large deep skillet, melt the butter or heat the vegetable oil over med-high heat.
- 2Add the sausage slices and brown, about 4 min. per side.
- 3Add the onion and cook until tender, 3-5 min's, stirring often.
- 4Add the vinegar to deglaze the pan, being sure to scrape up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- 5Add the apples, bell pepper, cabbage Krakow Nights spice and apple juice or cider.
- 6Reduce heat to medium and cook about 10 min., until the cabbage is tender, but not mushy.
- 7Serve with mashed potatoes, egg noodles or spaetzle.