Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
- 4 large
- 1 c
- sour cream **omit if vegan**
- 2 bag(s)
- morningstar crumbles **beyond meat or boca if vegan**
- 1 bag(s)
- frozen peas and carrots (3 cups)
- 1/2 large
- 1 pkg
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c
- butter **earth balance if vegan**
- 1/4 c
- 1 can(s)
- swanson vegetable broth (2 cups)
- cheeeeeeeese **daiya if vegan**
- if you're feeling down right lazy, you can always use instant potatoes and instant gravy, but homemade from scratch is always best :)
How to Make Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
- 1Mashed potato top:
(if you’re feeling lazy, just use instant mashed potatoes)
peel potatoes and boil until soft.
Drain them and mash them.
Add a little butter and the sour cream.
Season to taste (I personally add salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder) and mix thoroughly.
Heat your butter in the pan and toss in your mushrooms and onions. Coat in the butter and cook until soft. Sprinkle the ¼ cup of flour over the mushrooms and onions. Stir. The flour and butter should make a thick coating on your mushrooms and onions. Now pour in the can of broth and stir. Let it sit for a little bit and it should start to thicken. Once it’s thickened up a bit, throw in your crumbles and your peas and carrots and mix. (This, you can also season to taste. You can never go wrong with salt and black pepper.)
- 3Now, pour your filling in the pan. Put you mashed potato topping on top, and sprinkle generously with cheese ☺. Bake for about 30 minutes or a little longer if you want you cheese to brown a bit.