Twisted Tuna Casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- minced garlic
- chopped small onion
- 1 box
- farelle noodles (or your favorite shape)
- 1 box
- scalloped potatoes
- 4 can(s)
- tuna, packed in water, undrained
- 1 can(s)
- sweet corn, undrained
- 1/4 c
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese, reserve enough to sprinkle on top
How to Make Twisted Tuna Casserole
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring water, minced garlic & onion to rapid boil. Add noodles & dehydrated potatoes. You are only cooking these about 3/4 of the way done. (I always cook noodles & potatoes of any kind in garlic water to help infuse a little taste into them.) Keep an eye on pot but move on to step 2.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, drain the juices from all the cans of tuna & corn. Add milk & stir in the season packet from the scalloped potatoes until dissolved.
- 3Add tuna, corn, cheese (reserving some for a final sprinkle on top) & spices to liquid mix & stir thoroughly.
- 4When pasta & potatoes are about 3/4 of the way done, drain the water, being sure to keep the onion & minced garlic. Stir in gently with tuna mixture.
- 5Grease a 10x14 lasagna pan & pour the mixture into the pan. Cover with foil & bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese & broil on high on the top rack for approximately 5 minutes, or until cheese bubbles & browns. Serve & enjoy!