Twisted Tuna Casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 tspminced garlic
1/2chopped small onion
1 boxfarelle noodles (or your favorite shape)
1 boxscalloped potatoes
4 can(s)tuna, packed in water, undrained
1 can(s)sweet corn, undrained
·garlic powder, to taste
·salt, to taste
·pepper, to taste
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese, reserve enough to sprinkle on top
How to Make Twisted Tuna Casserole
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, minced garlic & onion to rapid boil. Add noodles & dehydrated potatoes. You are only cooking these about 3/4 of the way done. (I always cook noodles & potatoes of any kind in garlic water to help infuse a little taste into them.) Keep an eye on pot but move on to step 2.
- In a large mixing bowl, drain the juices from all the cans of tuna & corn. Add milk & stir in the season packet from the scalloped potatoes until dissolved.
- Add tuna, corn, cheese (reserving some for a final sprinkle on top) & spices to liquid mix & stir thoroughly.
- When pasta & potatoes are about 3/4 of the way done, drain the water, being sure to keep the onion & minced garlic. Stir in gently with tuna mixture.
- Grease a 10x14 lasagna pan & pour the mixture into the pan. Cover with foil & bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese & broil on high on the top rack for approximately 5 minutes, or until cheese bubbles & browns. Serve & enjoy!