☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·fat for frying
4potatoes, thickly sliced
How to Make Tooshonaya Goviadina ~ Casseroled Beefsteak
- Wipe and beat the steak well.
- Cut it up into 4-inch squares, coat with flour and fry until lightly browned
- Into a deep casserole put layers of steak, potato, whole cabbage leaves and sliced carrot, with the peppercorns and sliced tomato.
- Add 2 tablespoons water or stock and a little melted fat if necessary, but the juice of the meat and vegetables may provide enough liquid and it should be kept fairly dry.
- Cook covered in a moderate oven (350°F) for 2 hours.