☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 lb
- 2 oz
- fat for frying
- potatoes, thickly sliced
- cabbage leaves
- carrots, sliced
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Tooshonaya Goviadina ~ Casseroled Beefsteak
- 1Wipe and beat the steak well.
- 2Cut it up into 4-inch squares, coat with flour and fry until lightly browned
- 3Into a deep casserole put layers of steak, potato, whole cabbage leaves and sliced carrot, with the peppercorns and sliced tomato.
- 4Add 2 tablespoons water or stock and a little melted fat if necessary, but the juice of the meat and vegetables may provide enough liquid and it should be kept fairly dry.
- 5Cook covered in a moderate oven (350°F) for 2 hours.