Taco Mac & Beef with Nacho Topping
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 c
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 c
- macaroni, elbow
- 1 c
- monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers grated divided
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- taco shells, or you can use tortilla chips
- jalapeno peppers, nacho kind
- favorite toco or nacho toppings
How to Make Taco Mac & Beef with Nacho Topping
- 1Cook macaroni according to directions on the package. Drain
In a large cast iron skillet saute onions in a little olive oil until softened, add the ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook until beef is brown. Drain and return to skillet.
- 2Add the package of taco seasoning, and salsa; add a little water if you need to. Mix well and simmer for a few minutes or until it starts to thicken.
Stir in macaroni and half of the moneray jack with jalapeno peppers. Top with the remaining half of the cheese.
- 3Bake in a 350 F oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 20-25 minutes. Remove, and set oven to broil.
Break taco shells into large pieces, and scatter over the casserole. Top with cheddar cheese, and jalapeno peppers. Set it under to broil just until chips are slightly brown and cheese is melted.
Let cool just a bit and top with sour cream and salsa. Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes.